Village of Maybrook Board Meeting
Wednesday, November 13, 2019
- Election Day– Election Day was held on Tuesday, November 5th. I want to congratulate Town of Montgomery Supervisor Elect Brian Maher and wish him the best in his first term. I’d also like to congratulate and thank our current Town of Montgomery Supervisor Rod Winchell for his service to our town and wish him all the best in future endeavors. Last but not least, I want to thank all of my supporters, the residents of Maybrook and my family for their support during my campaign. I had an opportunity to meet many people and formed new friendships along the way. I’m very proud of our accomplishments in the Village of Maybrook during my tenure as Mayor. We have a lot of work ahead of us and we will keep chipping away at our goals. The Village Board and I will continue to strive in keeping our village safe for our residents, to improve our infrastructure, welcome smart growth with light industry to offset the tax burden on residents and work towards our goal to revitalize our Main Street. I’m proud to represent the Village of Maybrook as your Mayor and I will continue to push forward in our efforts of making the Village of Maybrook the best village in our town.
- Village of Maybrook Halloween Party– was held on Halloween in the Senior Center from 5 pm to 6 pm. We had a very nice turn out for this event as well. Thank you to E-Rock Entertainment, Little Pops Pizza for donating three gift certificates for a large pizza and a 2 liter soda, Shoprite for donating and serving cookies and cider. We also raffled off 3 Burger King and 3 McDonalds Gift Certificates! Games were played, and the kids went right out Trick or Treating afterwards. I also want to give a special thank you to Clerk/Treasurer Tina Johnson, Kim and Gabby Myoshi, Maybrook Police Officer Christine Kohlberger, Trustee Jim Barnett and Trustee Daryl Cappozoli.
- Halloween– Trick or Treating was held in the village on Halloween. The weather held out and it was a warm evening too! I was informed it was a quite evening as well. Good job by our Maybrook Police Department!
- Maybrook Wind Ensemble “Holiday Concert”– Our very own Maybrook Wind Ensemble will be performing a “Holiday Concert” on Friday, December 13th beginning at 7:30 pm at the Maybrook Senior Center. This is a great family event and guaranteed to put you in the holiday spirit! This event is free however donations are accepted to help with operating costs. The members of the Maybrook Wind Ensemble are gifted musicians and we are delighted to have them perform in our village!
- Maybrook “Christmas Tree Lighting– The Village of Maybrook’s Annual “Christmas Tree Lighting” will be held on Sunday, December 1st. We will have performances by Kevin Cronin, the Maybrook 4-H, the Maybrook Wind Ensemble and the Maybrook Troop 236 Boy Scout Marching Band! Light refreshments will be provided by Shoprite along with a guest appearance made by Santa Claus and his friends! Hope to see everyone there to welcome the Christmas Season into our village!
- Senator Skoufis “DASNY Sidewalk Grant”- On Tuesday, October 29th, Senator James Skoufis officially presented the village a grant from the Dormitory Authority of State of New York (DASNY) for new sidewalks in the village in the amount of $150,000.00. This grant is earmarked for sidewalk replacement from Oak St. Williams St. Thank you Senator Skoufis for your hard work in securing this grant for our village.
- Walden Rotary SERVICE-ABOVE-SELF Dinner– On Friday, November 1st, I had the honor of attending the Walden Rotary Service-Above- Self Dinner held at the Spruce Lodge. This year’s recipient of the Service-Above-Self Award was given to the Village of Walden’s Police Chief Jeffery Holmes for his dedicated service to his community. Chief Holmes has volunteered in many organizations over the years, served in the United States Army reserves and has had a wonderful career in the Walden Police Department for the past 37 years. He served 26 of those years as the Chief of Police. Congratulations to Chief Holmes on receiving this well-deserved award.
- Town of Montgomery Veterans Day Ceremony– On Monday, November 11, 2019, I attended the Town of Montgomery’s annual Veterans Day Ceremony at the Town Government Center. It was a wonderful event and well attended too. The VFW Post 2064 and Auxiliary members were in attendance along with the Maybrook Troop 236 Scout Band. The Maybrook Troop 236 Boy Band had another great performance honoring the men and women in our military. Congratulations to Town of Montgomery Supervisor Rod Winchell and Event Coordinator Tim Dempsey for hosting a nice event for our veterans in the town.
- Hydrant Flushing– Hydrant Flushing continues in the village up until Friday, November 22nd during the week. Water may be discolored but it is safe to drink. The washing of clothing is recommended after 5:30 pm. As always, we thank everyone for their cooperation.
- Next Scheduled Village Board Meeting– Our next Village Board Meeting will be held on Monday, November 25th at 7 pm in the Maybrook Government Center.