Monday, November 22, 2021 at 7 pm
- Infrastructure Projects
Adams Drive – The sewer line that is being repaired on Adams Drive is near completion. Today, the new curb was installed, and the road has been prepped for paving. Our goal is to have the road paved and opened by this Wednesday. This is another important infrastructure problem that we have addressed and as I’ve said in the past, we keep chipping away at the big tree. As always, we thank the residents for their patience while construction was performed.
- Orange County Chamber of Commerce– After our last Village Board Meeting, I received a phone call from Heather Bell. She is the President of the Orange County Chamber of Commerce. They will be officially moving the Orange County Chamber of Commerce Office to the Village of Maybrook and residing at the Blake House (the former Ms. Claire’s Montessori) on November 30th. They plan on hosting a Grand Opening planned in the spring of 2022. This is positive news and I’m hoping to have more in 2022!
- Town of Montgomery Veterans Day Ceremony- was held on Thursday, November 11th at 11 am the Town of Montgomery and Supervisor Brian Maher hosted their annual Veterans Day Ceremony at the Town Government Center. The Maybrook VFW Post 2064 and Auxiliary were in attendance along with a performance by the Maybrook Troop 236 Scout Band. I had an opportunity to wish a dear friend to all, Mr. Tony Marano a Happy 97th Birthday which he celebrated on November 8th. Mr. Marano is the Chaplain for the Maybrook VFW Post 2064 and an active member. He’s a WWII Veteran who served in the Navy as a Radioman on B-24 Liberator Planes. Mr. Marano is also a former employee of the Maybrook Rail Yard and shares his knowledge and memories as a volunteer at our Maybrook Railroad Museum. We wish Mr. Marano the Happiest of Birthdays and hope he had a wonderful day also!
- Village of Maybrook Christmas Tree Lighting- Our Annual Village of Maybrook Christmas Tree Lighting which will be held on Sunday, November 28th at the Maybrook Senior Center beginning at 6 pm. We will have special performances by Singer/Songwriter Kevin Cronin, Pam Murphy and the Maybrook Troop 236 Scout Band. There will be a special visit from Santa Claus and his friends as we welcome the Christmas season in our village. All residents and families are welcome to attend and join in on the festivities! I’d like to take a moment to Thank our sponsors of this event. The Village of Maybrook Board of Trustees, the Maybrook Kiwanis Club, Montgomery Overall Services, Shoprite, the Maybrook Fire Department, and the Maybrook Police Department. We are blessed to have such a giving community and we thank them all for their support! Looking forward to Sunday and welcoming the Christmas Season to Maybrook!
- Maybrook “Christmas House Decorating Contest”- The Village of Maybrook will be hosting our annual “Christmas House Decorating Contest” in our village. Judges will be out looking for the best decorated homes the week before Christmas. 1st Place is $100, 2nd Place is $75 and 3rd Place is $50. All prizes are Home Depot Gift Cards. As always, we thank the many residents who decorate their homes in the spirit of Christmas and wish everyone who participates the best of luck!
- Hydrant Flushing– Just a reminder, Hydrant Flushing started in the Village of Maybrook, November 8th through to December 3rd between the hours of 8 am and 3 pm. Please note, there is no hydrant flushing November 22nd to November 26th which is this week, Thanksgiving week. I spoke to our DPW Superintendent Matt Thorp earlier this evening and Hydrant Flushing will be extended to Friday, December 10th from the hours of 9 am to 3 pm. The information will be posted on the Village of Maybrook website and social media pages as well as in the Wallkill Valley Times. Water may be discolored but it is safe to drink during hydrant flushing. The washing of clothing is recommended after 5 pm. As always, we thank everyone for their cooperation. Any questions or concerns, please contact Maybrook DPW Superintendent Matt Thorp at 845-656-3122.
- Leaf Pick-up- Just a reminder, leaf pick-up continues and in the village. Leaves MUST be bagged in biodegradable bags which are FREE and available here at the Government Center or at the DPW Garage. A dumpster is available at the Maybrook Government Center by the Police Department behind the pavilion for residents who wish to discard leaves on their own.
- Pancreatic Cancer Awareness- Just a reminder, the month of November is “Pancreatic Cancer Awareness” in the Village of Maybrook. Purple ribbons have been placed at the Maybrook Government Center for awareness in the village. Early detection means more treatment options and greater chance of survival.
- Next Village Board Meeting– Our next Village Board Meeting is scheduled for Monday, December 13, 2021, at 7 pm. Please stay in touch with the Village of Maybrook website and Facebook Page for updates on COVID-19 and village events. Lastly, I want to wish the Village Board, our Village employees, and the residents a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving!
Mayor Dennis K. Leahy