Monday, May 24, 2021 at 7 pm
(Today’s Village of Maybrook Board of Trustees Meeting is being held by Conference Call due to the COVID-19 Coronavirus) For the record, this meeting is being recorded and will be posted on the Village of Maybrook website as soon as possible.
- COVID-19 Update- As of Friday, May 21, 2021, there have been 47,984 positive cases of COVID-19 reported in Orange County since the pandemic started in March 2020. There have been 814 total deaths reported in the County. There are 24 people hospitalized, all 24 hospitalized tested positive for COVID-19. Orange County is currently tracking 471 active cases. There are 20 active cases in the Town of Montgomery. The numbers have decreased significantly and let’s hope we continue in that direction. COVID-19 restrictions are lessening and changing daily. We are actually seeing a light at the end of the tunnel where we may be able to return to in person meetings. I will keep everyone updated on our progress. Just a reminder, COVID-19 information is available on the Village of Maybrook website, and it is updated daily.
- Aiden Duran Eagle Court of Honor- On Sunday, May 23rd, I had the honor of attending the Maybrook Troop 236 Eagle Court of Honor for Aiden Duran. Eagle Scout Aiden Duran became the 79th Eagle Scout from the Maybrook Troop 236 program. Aiden’s project involved painting 12 fire hydrants as well as the yellow no parking areas by these hydrants in the Village of Maybrook. The Eagle Scout Projects the young men and now young women do for our village is greatly appreciated. Congratulations and thank you to Jim Barnett, Bill Gianico and Abby Williams for all you do for the scouts in our village. Congratulations to the 79th Maybrook Troop 236 Eagle Scout Aiden Duran on his special achievement and I wish him all the best in future endeavors.
- Maybrook Women’s Recreation Softball- As mentioned at the previous meeting, the Village of Maybrook Recreation Softball registration forms are now available on the Village of Maybrook website. The fee is $65 per person which includes a t-shirt. The program is 13 weeks and is scheduled to begin on Tuesday, June 22nd and run through to September 14th. Those interested or have questions can reach out to Village Clerk/Treasurer Tina Johnson at 845-427-2717 ext. 201 or email at email@example.com.
- Memorial Day Parade and Service– The Village of Maybrook Parade and Service is scheduled for Monday, May 31st. The parade will start at 9 am and a service will follow at the Frederick Myers Veterans Memorial Park. Trustee Kevin Greany has been working on organizing the event and will have more information in his report. Looking forward to hosting our annual event to honor our Veterans.
- Maybrook Village WIDE Yard Sale– The Village of Maybrook will be hosting our Village Wide Yard Sale on Saturday, June 19th from 8 am to 3 pm. Residents can start planning early to get ready for this event. It is a favorite of many in the village. We are planning another in the fall as well.
- Clark Place and Country Club Drive Slurry Seal– On Thursday, May 20th, the Village of Maybrook DPW and a contractor Slurry Sealed Clark Place and Country Club Drive. Notices were sent to all of the residents in the vicinity of where the work was performed. The information was also posted on the Maybrook website, Facebook Page and Instagram. A CODE Red announcement was sent out as well. I’m thankful the cooperated, and we were able to get this project completed with out any delays. I want to thank our DPW Superintendent Matt Thorp for staying on top of this project and keeping the residents informed. The resident’s cooperation allowed the workers to expeditiously and safely get the job done well before anticipated. Roads were fully opened by 3 pm. Good job by all!
- Next Village Board Meeting- Our next Village Board Meeting is scheduled for Monday, June 28th, 2021 at 7 pm. As of now, we plan to have the meeting on WebEx. Any changes will be posted on the Village of Maybrook website. Also please stay in touch with the Village of Maybrook website and Facebook Page for updates on COVID-19 and village events.
Mayor Dennis K. Leahy