Monday, July 25, 2022 at 7 pm
- Village Street Paving- The following streets are scheduled to be paved in mid-August. Please be advised that the following streets are scheduled for surface paving Christian Lane from Abbey Ave to Tower Ave, Adams Drive (remainder from storm sewer project), Indian Trail, John Street, Heard Ave, Georges Road, Oak Street and Ted Miller Drive. We will keep residents informed when the dates and times are made available.
- Family Movie Night- Our Family Movie Night scheduled for Friday, July 22nd was postponed due to the heat advisory and possible thunderstorms that were forecast. The new date will be Friday, September 16th and will begin at dusk. Let’s hope the weather cooperates.
- Security at the Valley Central School District- The Valley Central School District has approached the Town and three villages about providing security in their buildings. There seems to be a lot of confusion by many including myself based on the newspaper articles that have been posted. This information is inaccurate! I, along with Maybrook Police Chief Butch Amthor have personally had discussions and a meeting with the Valley Central School District. These discussions are ongoing and will be discussed with the Maybrook Village Board. If and when an agreement is reached, the public will be notified. We all want our children to be safe and out of harm’s way. Just to be clear, the Valley Central School District will oversee the implementation of safety protocols for the entire school district. We, the Village of Maybrook have offered and are willing to assist them in reaching their goal.
- Maybrook Women’s Recreation Softball- Our Maybrook Women’s Recreation Softball continues to move along although we had some cancellations due to thunderstorms. Games will be rescheduled for a later date.
- Maybrook Co-ed Recreation Volleyball- the Maybrook Recreation Co-ed Beach Volleyball programs on Tuesday and Thursday nights have been going well. Nice to see people enjoying themselves in the park!
- Town of Montgomery Minor Girls Softball- Congratulations to the Town of Montgomery Minor Softball All Stars who won the section 3N Championship! They have earned the opportunity to play for a NY State Championship. We wish them all the best!
- The Maybrook Wind Ensemble Summer Concert- The Maybrook Wind Ensemble will be hosting a Summer Concert in the Maybrook Senior Center on Thursday, July 28th beginning at 7 pm. It is free to all residents, and all are invited. The Maybrook Wind Ensemble is a symphonic concert band that performs music of various genres. Their program will include music from Movies, Musicals, Music of Contemporary Composers, Music from John Lennon and even some Marches of John Phillip Sousa.
- County Waste Management- This past Thursday, our trash removal service, County Waste Management had a mechanical breakdown with a truck. They came back on Saturday to pick off what they missed but apparently missed Prospect Ave. It was an oversight, and we apologize for any inconvenience. Monday, our regular schedule resumed.
- Next Village Board Meeting- Our next Village Board Meeting is scheduled for Monday, August 22nd at 7 pm and will be held here, at the Village of Maybrook Government Center. Please be advised we have ONE Village Board Meeting scheduled in August. Enjoy your summer!
Mayor Dennis K. Leahy