Monday, January 11, 2021 at 7 pm
(Today’s Village of Maybrook Board of Trustees Meeting is being held by Conference Call due to the COVID-19 Coronavirus) For the record, this meeting is being recorded and will be posted on the Village of Maybrook website as soon as possible.
- COVID-19 Update- As of today, Monday, January 11, 2021, there have been 26,340 positive cases of COVID-19 reported in Orange County since the pandemic started this past March. Since our last Village Board Meeting held on December 14th there has been an increase of 6,651 new COVID-19 cases in the County which is an average of 229 cases a day over a 29-day period. There have been 637 total deaths reported which is an increase 73 since our last meeting. Currently there are 161 people hospitalized, 152 of those 161 hospitalized tested positive for COVID-19 while 9 have symptoms. There are 41% ICU beds available in the County. A link is posted on the Village of Maybrook website for the New York State Phased Distribution of the Vaccine for residents. As always, please wear your masks and continue practicing social distancing. This information is available and updated daily on the Village of Maybrook website and Facebook Page.
- Town of Montgomery Ambulance District- I had a meeting with Town of Montgomery Supervisor Brian Maher this past week. He advised the Town is moving forward with forming a Town of Montgomery Ambulance District. Information has been distributed to the Village Board and will be discussed at our January 25th Village Board Meeting. Today, we received notice that the Town of Montgomery will be holding a Public Hearing Thursday, January 21st at 6:30 pm to be held at Town Hall. As stated before, the Village of Maybrook Board of Trustees will discuss the Town of Montgomery Ambulance District at our January 25th Village Board Meeting.
- Happy 1-Year Anniversary “Whipped Cupcakes”– I want to take a moment this evening to wish a Happy 1st Year Anniversary to Nicole and Heath Conklin, owners of Whipped Cupcakes here in our village. Congratulations Nicole and Heath, we wish many more years of success in the Village of Maybrook.
- Happy New Year – I would like to wish everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year in 2021. We have a lot of work ahead of us in the coming year and I look forward to getting off to a good start now that the holidays are behind us. The Village of Maybrook is in an excellent position with economic development heading into 2021. Our goal is to build on our momentum so we can hit the ground running when we get past the pandemic. Let’s hope COVID-19 is in our rearview mirror in the not-too-distant future. Stay safe and stay healthy everyone!
- Next Village Board Meeting- Our next Village Board Meeting is scheduled for Monday, January 25th, 2021 at 7 pm. As of now, we plan to have the meeting on WebEx. Any changes will be posted on the Village of Maybrook website. Also please stay in touch with the Village of Maybrook website and Facebook Page for updates on COVID-19 and village events.
Mayor Dennis Leahy